Logistics Officer – Saida, Lebanon
This role will be responsible for supporting the design and development of renewable energy systems, analyzing and evaluating performance data, and managing system installation projects. The ideal candidate must possess a solid technical background in renewable energy systems and have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Receive orders for shipments, whether from or to Lebanon, from Warehouses/Sales/Purchasing departments, by attaining a copy of the shipping schedule or estimated dates, booking containers accordingly with the suitable freight agencies, preparing needed documents (including Bill of Lading) for the shipments, and coordinating with concerned departments.
- Request for price quotations for the freight agencies and forwarders, by contacting several agencies, specifying different weights and sizes of containers, and selecting the fastest processing time, to ensure cheapest shipping cost with fastest and best service to deliver the products to the customers.
- Prepare quarterly prices fluctuation studies and report these studies to the Procurement Manager and General Manager, for proper direction and control, as well as confirm quarterly contracts with agents.
- Attain tracking number for the container’s shipment, by following up online or with the agent on the estimated time of arrival, and shipment status, to prepare for the needed documents for the clearance of the containers with minimal demerge payments and time delays.
- Keep record of occurring discrepancies in shipments, by attaining needed reports from warehouses and concerned documents, and coordinating with the Procurement and Accounting departments, to ensure minimal cost losses in shipment.
- University degree (Business Administration)
- 3 to 5 years experience in a similar industry
- Good communication, negotiation, and persuasion skills
- Good business analysis skills.
- Good computer skill
- Ability to organize and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Ability to work effectively under pressure